Évora Full Day Tour
The Évora tour starts in the heart of the city. We call it that because since the construction of Giraldo Square in 1571, all the roads of the city went to the center. Praça do Giraldo - is a tribute to the courage of Giraldo Geraldes (Geraldo without dread) who regained a battle with the Moors in 1167, the city of Évora.
Church of San Francisco
One of the main attractions of the city is the Church of San Francisco, built between 1480 and 1510, in Gothic-Manueline style and closely linked to the historical events that marked the period of maritime expansion of Portugal. The church is famous for being decorated with over 5000 bones.
Chapel of bones
The chapel of the bones is a rare architectural monument of Portugal. It was built in the 12th century on the initiative of the three monks who used the bones of the cemeteries as part of the decoration.
Roman temple of Évora
Another interesting monument is the Roman temple of Évora. This is one of the most important architectural monuments of the Roman Empire in the territory of Portugal. It was built between the 1st and 3rd century in honor of Emperor Augustus. Later it was called the Temple of Diana, by the legend in honor of the Roman goddess, patroness of the hunt. After the taste of the Alentejo cuisine, we will visit the Cartuxa winery where we can taste the regional Alentejo wine and the famous olive oil.
Plantation of cork trees
On the way back to Lisbon, you will enjoy the panoramic view and the enormous cork oak plantations.
75€ / Person
Map (Latitude: 38.7284289, Longitude: -9.1283561)